The light of the Church on Earth is a bit dimmer today, but the chorus in Heaven is that much more joyful.
Statement by the President Regarding the Death of Ruth Bell Graham
Contact: White House, Office of the Press Secretary, 202-456-2580
WASHINGTON, June 14 /Standard Newswire/ — the following is a statement by the President regarding the death of Ruth Bell Graham:
Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of Ruth Bell Graham, a remarkable woman of faith whose life was defined by her belief in a personal, loving, and gracious God. She was an encouraging friend, accomplished poet, and devoted mother of five and grandmother of 19.
Ruth’s marriage to her husband Billy was a true and loving partnership. As the wife of the world’s most beloved evangelist, she inspired people around the world with her humor, intelligence, elegance, and kindness. Laura and I offer our prayers and condolences to Billy and the Graham family.
More on Ruth Graham Bell
- CT Liveblog: Kay Warren on Ruth Graham
- CT Liveblog: Ruth’s children remember their mom
- Charlotte Observer: Reaction to Ruth Graham’s death
- CT LiveBlog: A mother lode: Billy Graham Center links to archives regarding Ruth Bell Graham
- CT LiveBlog: Official Ruth Graham sites and newspaper obits
- CT LiveBlog: Anne Graham Lotz on her mother’s death
- CT LiveBlog: Ruth Bell Graham Dies at 87
- Christianity Today: The Silent Rock Behind a Famous Evangelist – Although Ruth Graham preferred to stay behind the scenes, her impact on her husband was all too evident.
- Christianity Today: Obit – Ruth Graham Dies at 87 – Billy Graham’s wife of nearly 64 years was a distinguished communicator of God’s power and peace in her own right.
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: Ruth Bell Graham Memorial
- Public Radio International: Ruth Bell Graham – A Pilgrim Journey, narrated by Walter Cronkite
- Graham publicist: Public Invited to Attend Funeral Service for
Ruth Bell Graham, Late Wife of Billy Graham
- Graham publicist: Statements from Children of Evangelist Billy Graham on the Passing of Their Mother Ruth Bell Graham from Evangelist Billy Graham
- Wikipedia: Rugh Bell Graham
- CT: What Ruth Graham Taught Me About Prayer: A powerful way to make God’s words your own.
[tags]Anne-Graham-Lotz, Billy-Graham, Billy-Graham-Evangelistic-Association, BlogRodent, christianity, Christianity-Today, ChristianityToday.com, death, evangelical, evangelicalism, Obituary, religion, Ruth-Bell-Graham, Ruth-Graham[/tags]
Maybe I’m finally starting to write like you. Well, headlines at least. :-)
Ha ha, great mimes think alike.