Job Description for Special Projects Manager / Webmaster
Employee: Rich Tatum
Department: Christianity Online / Research and Development
Supervisor: John LaRue, Vice President
Manage the site development of ChurchLeadership.net that effectively fulfills its mission; manage site promotions; supervise production staff; create and implement new ideas for revenue generation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Web Supervisor has the ability to:
- Web Development & Systems Administration:
- Project-manage the implementation of new content/interactive areas for ChurchLeadership.net.
- Project-manage the implementation of new content/interactive areas for PreachingToday.com.
- Manage the system maintenance and continual improvements of ChurchLeadership.net and PreachingToday.com areas.
- Project-manage any outsourced technical projects with vendors on deadline and within budget.
- Supervise the promotion and delivery of electronic newsletters – PreachingToday.com Weekly Illustration Update, PreachingToday.com Monthly Journal, and ChurchLeadership.net – as well as the listserv management.
- Oversee production and content team members in the execution of their duties related to ChurchLeadership.net and PreachingToday.com, and provide training on new technologies.
- Oversee continued development of Bible & Reference and Churches & Ministries channels to optimize their organizational structure, content, and interactivity to maximize traffic and revenue potential.
- Research, download and test new software/utilities from the Internet and other sources that may be helpful in Web production.
- Stay abreast of Internet services for pastors and church leaders.
- Function as a role player in team environment.
- Implement and assist in development of strategic alliances with other Web sites.
- Manage proactive research and development of links from Internet directories and search engines to ChurchLeadership.net and PreachingToday.com content and features.
- Strategize and implement revenue-generating features including, but not limited to, online advertising, product sales, creating of partner Web sites, and promotion of advertising opportunities in key areas, in collaboration with Commerce Team.
Due to the developmental nature of Christianity Online and this position, various additional duties/projects may be assigned, as needed.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to function as a role player in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supervisory and people skills
- Extensive Internet page creation, area management and technical experience
- HTML programming
- Web production experience
- SQL Database management
- Staff supervisory and project management experience
- Web site reviewing
- Windows and/or Mac systems and software applications
- Internet software troubleshooting experience