Job Description for Web Site Manager / Internet Operations Manager
Employee: Rich Tatum
Department: Internet Operations
Supervisor: Vicki Howard, Vice President of Production/Technology
To oversee and manage all activity related to the content, operation and general administration of the web sites of CTI, including content, links, and all links to other sites and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The web site manager has the ability to:
- Manage the content staff, including developing and maintaining schedules, providing the final approval of validation and links, training and developing them on new technology, and developing their skills and accuracy on existing technology.
- Oversee the correctness and viability of the current sites, identifying areas that need correction and initiating processes to make those corrections personally or through others.
- Develop, implement and oversee a testing procedure for all new programming development, including the criteria, the testing process, coordination with those doing the testing, the communication with the programming staff of testing results, and validating the accuracy and completeness of needed changes.
- Establish and oversee the maintenance of a development schedule board to monitor the progress and timeliness of our programming development process, alerting the Vice President of any lags that might negatively impact a launch date.
- Interface with IR&D to assure agreement on the best possible usability on all channels and newsletters, to provide the best user experience.
- Serve as liaison with other CTI departments, participating in meetings as needed to clarify for others the capabilities and limitation of our site hardware, software and bandwidth.
- Facilitate communication with the Internet Operations department, assure that the database administrator, the programming staff and the content are aware of all initiatives, changes and issues that impact their work.
- Track, compile, report and analyze all web statistics in a timely manner, communicating useful trends and other observations to the Vice President of Technology.
- Research options and the best possible approach to new initiatives suggested by management, helping to establish a plan and process and procedure that yields the best possible end result.
- Research, download and test new software/utilities from the Internet and other sources that may be helpful in Web production.
- Serve as primary point of contact with the Resources Department, staying abreast of internet services for pastors and church leaders, and interacting with Resources on new ideas or suggested improvements.
- Maintain an accurate overview of all site activity and its effectiveness, looking for new and more effective processes to accomplish excellent site management each day.